--- Tamara P Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, my question is this:
> How much interest is there, *among the IOLI
> members*, in reproductions
> of old plaited laces

It is very interesting to read about this right now.
I just got an email from a person writing a novel that
includes a lacemaker about 1600.  The person is
wanting instruction in how to do bobbin lace, and what
the patterns and lace looked like at that time.  I'm
still trying to make contact and set up a meeting.  I
think it's a positive thing that the author is seeking
information in order to be accurate to the period in
her book.

I'll try to inform the group if/when the book gets
published.

Alice in Oregon