Snipped:
>From Jeri Ames
> Good preparation would be a reading of Margaret Swain's "The Needlework of
> Mary Queen of Scots", Van Nostrand Reinhold 1973.  Have seen it in
> paperback,
>  which would have been a later edition.  It is a classic.

>From Ian & Chelle Long
> I didn't see the original posting, but if it was a craft-related book it
> is
> probably The Needlework of Mary Queen of Scots (ISBN 9780896762480) by
> Margaret Swain.  Its about A$40 over here and is on my wish list, it looks
> like a really interesting book.

In 1986 we collaborated with Margaret Swain to produce a new paperback
edition of this book. The original 1973 Van Nostrand Reinhold hardback
edition was already long out of print.
    Our edition has been reprinted three times since including minor updates
(the last time was 2004). It is currently available, except in North
America, as ISBN 9780903585224 (0903585227). In Australia it is available
from the distributor Keith Ainsworth Pty Ltd, Penrith, NSW 2750.
    In 2004 we also supplied a separate paperback edition (for sale in North
America) to a US co-publisher, Quite Specific Media Group Ltd, Hollywood, CA
90046, from whom it is available as ISBN 9780896762480 (0896762483).

I hope this will avoid possible confusion over the availability and
different editions of this book.
Ruth

Ruth Bean Publishers
Victoria Farmhouse