No, not a magic thread.    She says at Stage 5 :
"My board has a Klöppelfläche of 60 x 60 cm. For this cover I must shift the
cushions more than once. I put a red thread by the initial loops, so that I
can regain her completely at the end better."

Perhaps one of our German spiders can translate this better than Google
Translate!

Stunning piece of work, and such a generous person with her downloads of
patterns.

Noelene in Cooma
PS - I added magic threads in three different alternating colours, along the
starting edge of a hexagonal Bucks mat I started recently.    I then made
plaits of the threads in groups of about  10, and pinned the ends to the
side of the work so they would not tangle.  Now I am finishing off, and am
finding it so simple to undo a plait, take the magic thread I want, pull
through the finishing thread, and tie off.  Highly recommended way to go.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://gumnuts.lafferty.com.au/
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/