I was shown a lace mat at the weekend that had been bought in a charity shop, and I couldn't identify it, can anyone help? It was about 9 in by 5in, and the basic construction was a tape, arranged in loops/swags, with the loops/swags infilled. The infills were 90% bars in buttonhole stitch, but it was the tape that interested me as it was plaited. The thread was quite coarse, but the effect was very attractive (had I seen it first I would have bought it).

Rosemary,
Somerset, UK