Now that I am thinking about it, I recall that there was a movement to
improve the design of Honiton lace and some nice Art Nouveau looking designs
were
produced and encouraged by Lady Trevelyan.

I guess the fact that my trip is a northerly trip, not going to the west
country, where I long to return for a long leisurely look at Honiton, or the
areas where Lester Lace were produced which I did visit some years ago, has
slanted my viewpoint.

I am hoping to go to the Ruskin Museum and I guess that is what got me to
thinking that there should be more PreRaphealite lace. there was an exhibit of
PreRaphealite textiles, many tapestries and embroideries at the Met some years
 ago that was stunning.

Devon