Inquiry
Recently I spoke to a gentleman about an matter unrelated to Lace ( actually
it pertained to woodturning )   this gentleman mentioned that his wife was a
Button Collector.
 I mentioned that the public very likely viewed the Hobby of button collecting
as unusual as Lacemaking.
As a follow up, the Lady collector send me the following information ;

"The button collecting  Club began in 1960 and is a very friendly group of
ladies in the 50 plus age range right up to 91.  Buttons are art in miniature,
signposts to the evolution of fashion and society and I really enjoy learning
of their history, and those who manufactured them.  It's a great hobby".

Now the button collector , who mentioned that she is familiar with crochet
buttons ,and myself are rather  curious if there are, or if anyone has ever
heard of,  Lace buttons ?

Hendrika
Member of Simcoe County Lacemakers
Simcoe County (township of Springwater) Canada