Dear All,

Just to let you know that it appears the regular fair at the NEC at the beginning of December has shifted venue
to CRANMORE PARK SOLIHULL BIRMINGHAM which is a bit further round the M42

 details on the Ford's website http://www.lace-making.com

Some of our group attended a recent lace day and got the slightly wrong end of the stick talking to one of the suppliers that there wasn't going to be one not that it wasn't at the NEC.

What am I working on?

Well I'm getting close to finishing a Russian lace picture Chrysanthemums from the Cook and Korovbna book. Its been on the pillow most of the year, worked on at lace class. I'm just doing the background plait & picot filling. On the pillow at home I have Claire Burkhardt's Butterflies insertion for a 3 strip stole. I shrank her pattern to 65% and I am working it in coloured Texere Yarns regency silks - dark green background and red, blue, yellow, purple & pink butterflies. Sounds gaudy I know! I have done 2 lengths of 56 inches each and am starting the third. This occasioned my worst mistake ever. I got the colour order upside down and on the 5th butterfly I realised I had to take three full repeats back to avoid a pink - pink combination, and I had only 1 repeat pinned...

However the Regency silk is a joy to work, not too slippery, it works up to be about a 30 cotton or a bit thicker. & I can easily wind 4m on a standard midlands bobbin. The Burkarhdt pattern flows well and isn't slow to work.

http://www.texere.co.uk/ does some lovely yarns & threads and their is service great too.

Louise in Cambridge.