On 2/21/07 3:28 AM, Jean Nathan wrote:

Although you can copy and paste a web address into an
email, if it's long and splits across two lines, usually
only the top line is underlined and gets pasted when you
try to copy it into your web browser.

I have two ways to deal with a split address.  When I see
that it's split across two lines, I copy the part on the
second line before clicking on the underlined part.  If I
don't get the desired page, I then click on the address in
the browser, then hit "end", "^v", "enter".

If that doesn't work, I copy both lines into whatever
text-writing program is open -- usually a draft message in
my mail reader -- splice them back together, then cut and
paste into the browser.

Of course, if some characters have been dropped at the
break, neither method will work, but it is often possible to
deduce what the characters should have been and supply them
before splicing the URL back together.

--
Joy Beeson
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/