I normally lurk with just the occasional message, and I know I am very
late with this thread, but as the list is so quiet, I thought I would
chip in.

I was given some lace knitting wool some 18 months ago by my DS and DIL,
and I have finally "had a go" - well, many 'goes', but I am finally up
and running!

 I am using 3.5 mm needles with two ply wool in variegated colours!  It
has been a very steep learning curve as I could not "see where I was
going" as far as the pattern went, but gradually it has worked out after
6 or 7 attempts.  It says something for the quality of the wool that it
did not go 'fuzzy' as I pulled it undone and restarted so many times!

I do enjoy knitting, and also a challenging pattern is appreciated, but
this one has tested my patience!  I don't think the resultant scarf will
be given away after all the blood, sweat and tears that have gone into
it so far!

Maxine from a wet New Zealand!  Not that I am complaining as things had
got quite dry here, and it saves me having to water the garden!!