Thank you! I'm always pleased when people enjoy my work. If you're
curious about trying wire lace, I'd suggest just getting some very
fine wire (0.2mm or smaller--my favorite size is about 0.175mm) and
wind it on your ordinary bobbins--while I don't use midlands, I've
taught wire lace to several people who do and they found no problem
using them. Then try doing a very simple pattern that has about 10
pins per inch of footside and see how you like it. That was how I
got started! Sometimes I think people get put off trying wire lace
because they think it requires a lot of special equipment....

Best wishes to all,
Sue in Raleigh, NC (where it's been a good deal warmer than in
Norfolk, but we're still expecting a hard freeze over the weekend!)

At 10:18 PM 3/16/2007 -0000, Sue wrote:
>Susan, thanks for sharing, what beautiful wire lace jewellery I keep
>thinking about doing wire lace but have not quite got round to it yet,
>must see if I can get some larger bobbins as I only have midlands and
>Honiton neither of which are any good for wire.
>
>Happy lacing
>Sue M Harvey
>Norfolk UK
>
>Where we have been having unseasonable weather for this time of year 15
>degrees with lots of sun but have been warned of frost this weekend.

Susan Lambiris
Raleigh, NC
http://home.earthlink.net/~slambiris/