Hello:

One fundraising scheme that has worked for me in the past was the reverse
tea party.  You host a tea party with 5 people and the each pay $5.00.  Then
they each host a tea party and invite 4 people who pay $5.00.  Then they
host a tea party and invite 3 people who pay $5.00.  And so on.  It's quite
fun and you get to show off your fancy table dressings and china.  If you
starty with 10 people you can really make the big bucks.

The candles that are rolled from sheets of beeswax and then tied up with
bits of lace and ribbon work well too.  We did these for a Mental Health
Organization.  They did great at Christmas time, but sold amazingly well at
Easter because we did them in advent colours.

One of the best selling items that I've seen at Bake Sales are fancy dog
cookies.  If you look around you can find all sorts of odd shapes. (I have
Scottie dogs, feet, and hands.)  Use good quality ingredients and fancy
packagimg.  They are a hot item and they have sold out at every bake sale
I've been at in the last 3 years.

That's it for now.  Good luck.

Karen Maki
in Toronto Canada

(Currently working on high fashion dog clothing for someone else.  No time
for bobbin lace until May.)