Dear Friends,
I recently completed a delightful piece of Bayeux Lace called "Raie de Coeur". I had to make it because my big sister's name is Raie.

Having done a bit of searching it seems that this term Raie de Coeur was given to a design of cornice common in the days of Louis XVI, and means something like divided hearts. What I am wondering is whether the expression is used at all today, and what the most common meaning of the word Raie is? Could it be the equivalent of the English "broken hearted" perhaps? I suspect not.

Many thanks
David in Ballarat