  Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 8:27 AM
  Subject: Re: [lace] Pattern copyright

  > Most books carry a notice on the copyright page saying that the book
  cannot
  > be resold, but in most cases it wouldn't be practical or financially
  worth
  > the author or publisher taking legal action to stop a secondhand copy
  being
  > sold

  Wow, that's hard to believe.  If this is so, then all second-hand book
  stores are illegal.  While it wouldn't be financially feasible for one
  author to go after one seller of one copy of his/her book, a class
  action suit by all authors against all used-book stores would surely be
  worth pursuing!

  Robin P.
  Los Angeles, California, USA
  (formerly  Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)