Hello Marie-Anne and everyone

If you have time while in Victoria, visit the Royal BC Museum. Among the
many fascinating displays there is a replica of shops from the turn of the
century, including a dressmaker's shop with many laces. The floor devoted to
native art and craft, including textiles should not be missed (even though
it isn't lace).

Not far from the RBCM, on Government Street, is the Irish Linen Shoppe, a
small import store where carrickmacross pieces can be purchased; they sell
also linens and cottons for the dining table. If you like chocolate, Roger's
Chocolates, handmade since 100 years, is several doors down from the linen
shop.

A while ago I met someone who was selling her handmade original lace from a
gift shop in Banff - I have no idea if she still is, or where that gift shop
would be located - so maybe watch for something like that when you are in
Banff.

Hope this helps!

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)