One book which I don't think has been mentioned is Bridget Cook's "Russian
Lace Making", which has an introductory section explaining the techniques
followed by plenty of patterns. The instructions look fairly clear and
comprehensive (I have a copy but have never got round to using it).

Anyone know whether it's in print at the moment?

Beth

In a beautifully sunny Cheshire, England - I have been enjoying all sorts of
flowers/blossom - hawthorn, bluebells, horse chestnut "candles", and many
more - which shouldn't be out so far north until well into next month.