Good afternoon everyone,

Help needed - I've just purchased a beautiful old inscribed lace bobbin made by James Compton of Deanshanger, Northants. Unfortunately it is missing its head and neck but has been drilled and obviously at some time it was fitted with a replacement. I have several old bobbins that have been fitted with replacements but they are all old repairs.

My request is does anyone know of a bobbin maker or wood turner, preferably in the UK, who is capable of the workmanship necessary to fit a replacement?

The inscription might be of interest - 'A PRESENT I HAVE BROUGHT YOU : MY LOVE TO YOU I'LL MAKE : IF YOU LOVE ME AS I LOVE THE : O KEEP THIS FOR MY SAKE : R LOVESY 1849' .

Diana in a beautiful sunny Northamptonshire