Just a thought, maybe it was bought by a book collector, or by a lacemaker
who really wanted it and had the means.
For whatever reason, this title is becoming 'choice.'
I paid GBP 24.00 for my copy, including postage to Canada in 1999, from a
book seller in Devon. It was the only copy that I could locate at the
time.Ithought that was an extravagance, but I sooo wanted the book
(and have used
it)!

--
Bev in Sooke BC (on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)