Dear Sue and Other Gentle Spiders who have inquired about moistening thread:

I place a piece of thin plastic film under the bobbins to protect the pillow
and pattern.  Push the film up against the pins - I use another pin.  I moisten
paper towels and place them over the threads and the bobbin heads.  Cover the
lot loosly with another piece of plastic wrap and a tea towel.  Don't make it
airtight.  Leave this "packet" in place for a few hours.

Some people will take their pillows in the bathroom while they bathe or shower.
 Personally, I think this is not good for the pillow and pattern.

Works for me and has been doing so for 30+ years...

Happy Lacemaking,
Betty Ann in Roanoke Virginia USA