The last of the books I got during and after my trip to France last
winter is finally on line.  Go to <http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/
weaving/this-month.html>  It is La Dentelle Belge (Belgian lace) by
Pierre Verhaegen, published in 1912 by the Belgian Ministry of
Industry and Labor.  While the text is in French, for those who don't
know the language, there is still a lot of lace to look at.  For
those who can read French, it reminds me a bit of some of the other
books we have seen describing labor conditions, listing workers and
schools and other material of interest to researchers in the commerce
of the period, as well of course showing plenty of good examples of
lace.  Since we all know that the lace industry, even in Belgium, was
vastly changed after World War I, it is interesting to read about how
things were just before the war.

Thanks especially to Josette, who helped me find books like this, and
to John Cropper, who has labored mightily to correct my errors and to
proof the results and get them on line.  He is now at work, with
Eva's help, getting CD 7 (and maybe CD 8) ready for publication.  I
will let everyone know when it (they) will be ready.  In the
meantime, for those who are interested in the CDs we have already
done, you can go to <http://www.handweaving.net/Store.aspx>, scroll
to the bottom of the page,  and by clicking on any of the Lace CDs
you can get a complete listing of what that CD holds.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) in Maine USA, where we are in the midst of
Maine's famous lovely summer weather--at last!