Hi Tamara

I think you've explained it better than I did - so long as it's a linear enlargement and not an area one.

Brenda

On 21 Jun 2007, at 19:11, Tamara P Duvall wrote:

On Jun 21, 2007, at 13:25, Beth Stoll wrote:

the pricking is sized for 140/2 egyptian
cotton.  I would prefer to use 70/2,

According to Brenda Paternoster's "Threads for Lace" (a must-have book for anyone making lace and liking to fiddle around with thread replacements):
Egyptian Cotton 140/2 = 62 (wraps per centimetre)
Egyptian Cotton 70/2 = 46 (wraps per cm)
62:46= 134.78

So, I'd copy the pricking at 135% for the thread you want to use. Unless Brenda chimes in and tells me I'm all wet; math (and mathematical thinking) is not my strong point :)
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/