I've put a scan of a few of their size 8 seed beads with a ruler on
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.uk/seedbeads.jpg

Brenda

On 8 Jul 2007, at 15:10, Mesnaric wrote:

Hello Lindy and all on the list,

I although signed up for Mystera Stole 3 but had problems to find suitable beads in Germany. No bead shop owner could tell me what the beads No. 8 was. So I visited several shops with my lace yarn and the crotched hook and tried beads, bought them and tried a sample at home. Finally I decided an rocaille beads 4 mm.

Lacy grettings
Ursula (from Germany, warm and sunny, now starting the clue 1 of MS3)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lindy Taylour" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Susan MacLeod" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] knit lace

Hello Spiders

Susan, that is a wonderful document all about lace knitting! Thank you very much for posting it for us to see.

I also have joined the Mysterystole3 Knit-a -Long. I am still waiting for the yarn which was delayed by the floods in England but I hope is now in the mail to me. I can't wait to start. I have knitted in many waiting rooms and at hospital bedsides for years and it keeps me sane! Have recently taken to knitting socks as they are very portable and don't require much concentration. (Lace pattern socks, of course!)

Are any other Arachne members knitting this stole?

Lindy in Ireland

Susan MacLeod wrote:
Now that I finally have gotten my life back (Mom has moved to assisted living, Gerri well enough to go home) it's time to get on with things. Having spent most of the last year knitting,(it's easy to take to doctor appointments or bring to hospital visits) the mention of the knit stole KAL of course caught my attention. I had to join it, have been wanting to do knit lace. What a group! There are 6700+ of us signed up, most are actively knitting away. It's fun, but also frustrating. It would help a lot if I could count. It would help more if I could count the row more than once and get the same number. It *will* work out eventually.

There is a fascinating link I just read, it's a PDF about lace types and has some patterns. Enjoy!
http://www.knittingbeyondthehebrides.org/lace/SameButDifferent.pdf

Sumac

Sumac in southern Vermont USA
www.sumac.us