Hello David

I've checked my Northamptonshire lace research. I found a Mrs Barker listed
at Earls Barton in the lace dealers sample book in the collection of Luton
Museum but that is too early at 1825/28.

In 1891 there was a lace exhibition at Northampton and listed as submitting
two items of lace was a Mrs F Barton of Earls Barton - no more details, there is no
mention of her on the workers list of the Midlands Lace Association. Ok she
would have been quite old but at that time most lacemakere were.

There is a small museum at Earls Barton which was set up some years ago by
Joyce and Maurice Palmer, it has a small collection of lace items. I could
probably have a word with them on your behalf but I wouldn't hold out a lot
of hope as Joyce gave me any info on lacemaking that they had.

It is so frustrating that more wasn't recorded about the lives of the old
lacemakers.

Best wishes
Diana Smith in Northants