Hi All

Thank you all for your very useful replies.
Digging in the depths of my memory I did know about the silk protein /cotton cellulose bit but had forgotten it. I have been spending a lot of time in bridal departments lately and had become seduced by the array of beautiful silk fabrics of all kinds. I have decided to do the right thing and mount the lace on the cotton tulle that I bought 20 years ago when I first started this epic project. Although it is not as fine as the silk, it seems to be finer than most cotton tulle that is available today.

And yes photos will definately be around after the wedding, this is one piece of lace I really intend to show off!!

Regards
Annette in Melbourne, Australia.