Hi, all

I've got a little pile of red rubber bands suitable for the Beswick bobbin
winder, courtesy of the Royal Mail, in front of me. I just counted them up
and there are 36 of them. I'll post half a dozen each to Barbara, Delores,
Jane and Angel as soon as things quieten down enough at work to get to the
Post Office in my lunch hour. That should be enough to last them until this
batch perish, and leaves a dozen here if anyone else needs a couple..

Reading the recent posts about buying books while one has chance reminded me
that I have a copy of Bridget Cook's Russian Lacemaking which I bought years
ago and have never used. I don't think I ever will use it - I no longer like
the pattern I bought it for, and nothing else in it is really my cup of tea -
so as I believe it's now out of print I'll offer it as a raffle prize so it
can find a home where it will be better appreciated. (My lace bookshelf is in
danger of collapsing under the weight of all the projects I do want to do
someday...)
I'll post it anywhere in the world, the only qualification for entry is that
you have to intend to have a go at Russian tape lace. (The technical
instructions are fairly clear, and being a tape lace it doesn't use a lot of
pairs, so it wouldn't be too daunting for a near beginner to have a try at)

Closing date for entries midnight (BST) Sunday 2nd September.

Beth

 in Cheshire, NW England, where the sun has been shining all day