Mouline is the same as Anchor or DMC stranded embroidery threads. If you are using all 6 strands it is probably the gimp in the pattern.

perigarn rings a bell, but not loudly enough for me to recall it!!! I can't easily track it down in Brenda's book either.

How recent is the pattern? I have many of the earlier copies of Lace Express and can look at the pattern if you tell me volume and page nos. and see if I can help from there Sue