Hello Kate

Your message to Arachne came through fine, but at the end of it there is"
[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of rtCurve.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of s.gif]

That means that there were two attachments, both .gif files, which the system hss stripped out. My guess is that your email system is set up to include a couple of small files in the signature.

Sometimes a message comes through to me twice, because the sender has clicked 'reply all'. The message directly to my email address comes through as html or with an attachment whilst the Arachne list version is just plain text.

These days it's not so critical as most computers have web browsers, high speed internet connections and big memories, but the *correct* way is to send plain text email messages and keep the html for web pages.

Brenda