On Oct 3, 2007, at 23:30, Sue Fink wrote:

I realise that IOLI is a big organisation, but in my view
that doesn't mean it has a prior right to conduct its business on Arachne,
which is made up of individuals from all over the world.

It doesn't have a *right*; that's why Laurie asked for *permission*.

Sorry, I just don't see Arachne as the place for any of the lace groups/guilds/societies
to conduction their business!!

What about a group -- or even an individual -- telling us that they/she's won a prize at a lace competition? Do you find it equally objectionable as the suitable subject matter for Arachne? Notices of upcoming lace days and workshops? Reports of same? Lace-related trips? Updates of websites? Someone spotting a new lace-related website or an item on E-Bay? Someone liking an article/pattern in a lace pulication? Someone reporting a good new lace book?

Are there *any* community notices you'd feel comfortable with? Or would you rather have us stick to the CTC "business" at all times, answering *only* the technical-help needs?

This is Sue's last word on the matter as she is off for a lace weekend
tomorrow and sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to it!!

Hope you have a great time. I'd suggest you post a report on it when you come back, but it might clutter someone's inbox with "irrelevant", non-tech, "stuff". So, better not.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/