I do agree with you, dear Clay. I could hardly see any details of the Nanduti lace pendant (though I am an enthusiastic maker of Nanduti and have been for at least 25 years). But the pretty little girl with her pants falling down couldn't have been clearer! I hope our Brazilian colleague will try again, and with main emphasis on the needlework!

Two by-the-ways: 1) Although the geographic place is certainly spelled "Tenerife" (with one f), the needlework is properly spelled "Teneriffe" with two f's. Don't ask me why.

And 2) My impression is that the shape of the bit of embroidery in Teneriffe is determined by the shape of the tool used. If your pins are driven into a wooden circle and the fundamental threads (analogous to the warp threads in a piece of standard weaving) are strung on to the pins in order, you are going to be making a round item. If you want a diamond-shaped item like our colleague's pendant, you use a correspondingly shaped tool.

Nanduti is well worth a try. It is a real delight to make.

Aurelia
Maryland USA