Although it is very off topic and not lace - except that you would need to
decide how much/if any of your lace/lace equipment came into the essentials
cetegory - on the flylady website there is a very good page on preparing for
evacuation.

She suggests things such as keeping all your important documents together in
one transportable container, having a single CD/DVD with copies of all your
important photos,  having an emergency food packetc etc; all obvious if you can
think about it in the cold light of day, but not so obvious when a
considerable element of stress is included in the equation.

The other thing that I would never had thought of (living at the top of a
hill away from flooding areas, which seems to be our greatest UK risk) was that
you need to practise your evacuation.  That everyone should know where each of
the to-take items is kept and that you should go around the house pretending
you are collecting them up, until it can be accomplished in a sensible time
with as little panic as possible.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire