This just came from Marji:

Dear Tess -
Yes I am home and trying to deal with the remains of the smoke (very bad for the lungs - so we are still advised to stay inside with windows shut) and the outside still has lots of black soot. Amusing, but the worst of my problem right now is spoiled food in the refrigerator. UGH

You may be able to tell by the maps the fires never spread through Rancho Santa Fe - and that was a real miracle. If it had, I could have been affected, as I live very near.

Some fires are still burning, but you have probably heard that the weather has now changed and so things are improving. So far, my daughter's house has also escaped damage this time. Please tell the Arachne people I send my thanks for the good wishes and tell them that I feel blessed that none of the flying embers reached my house... with the high winds it was quite possible. The evacuation process was strangely surreal and an experience I will always remember.

Love,
Marj

I know we are all happy that she is home safe and sound after her adventure! Thanks to all who wrote with their concern and good wishes.

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])