Well, sure, it's too bad that people make money off other people. However, if you think about it, this eBay person has come up with a hard copy of what is only available on the Archives site as a PDF or as a CD on Kris' site. There is a place where you can order books made up from CD files (and probably other forms of computer saves) called <lulu.com> They will make a very nice copy for you in various bindings of your choice. It costs something, of course, and if this person is making up the cost of the binding plus the postage and other fees, I say let them go to it. The material is on our site for anyone to use and enjoy within reasonable limits. We are just happy that it is there for all who want it.

Remember, anything that is on the Archives site is out of copyright. That means it is free for the taking, scanning, using, etc. So check any books that you suspect might be from the site: it will have to have been published before 1923, or after with the written consent of the author. Or, in case of doubt, you can always look up <http:// www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/> and do a Search.

I like real books better than CDs, too, just to slip my druthers into the conversation!

Tess ([EMAIL PROTECTED])