On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 20:53:39 +0000, Brenda wrote:
>Does it say Coats Sylko?  listed from Ed1 3Z-28 w/cm
>or Dewhurst Sylko? listed from Ed3  3Z-28 w/cm
>
>I'm no expert in the various company take-overs and brand label
>changes, but I'm fairly sure that all the Sylkos are essentially the
>same - except for the size.  Tootal Sylko and Amann Sylko are more
>recent brands.
>My guess is that your recently acquired Sylko will be very similar to
>the Coats and Dewhurst brands.
Mine says Tootal Sylko.  How do those Sylko sizes compare to say Tanne 30,
which looks similar?

>I've just been looking at the Coats website, and from what I can make
>out, they now manufacture Sylko cotton thread in one size only, ticket
>No 50 (50/3) and that is 100% mercerised Egyptian cotton, aimed at the
>domestic dress making/home sewing market.  The reel I have says Made in
>EC, presumably the European Community.
>http://www.coatscrafts.co.uk/Products/Sewing/threads/Sylko+Cotton.htm
I have had some of that thread, but the one I have now is older (reels in
yards not meters) and definitely a 40,  not a 50.  It is the same style of
reel though.
--
Money can't buy everything. That's what credit cards are for.
Steph Peters  [EMAIL PROTECTED]