Clay posted this:

<I've just come across another of those odd things on eBay that makes me
 say, "Wha...?".  Item # 250185020238.  The seller says it's a lace
 bobbin, but nope... definitely not.  For one thing, it's 10" long!>

I have one of these.  It is for mixing Mexican hot chocolate.
They come in lots of shapes and sizes.  I met a lady in California
who had a collection of about 50 of them.  I stopped at one.  Mine
was purchased in San Diego Old Town.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/