Apologies for double posting but I know there are local lacemakers who only
subscribe to one or other of the lists!

My class has been busily making lace for a tree to put in the local
Christmas Tree Festival in the parish church. I went down tonight to set it
up and was quite pleased with the finished article. I bought a 3 foot black
tree and added a set of lights and all the lace we had made. Our youngest
lacemaker in the class is 12 and she was thrilled to see her lace put on
display. While I was setting up and wandering round afterwards I heard quite
a few complimentary comments about the lace. There is no competition element
this year they are purely for the fun of it. There are 57 trees throughout
the church. Tomorrow and Sunday the church will be open to view, if the
weather is good enough the tower will be open so you can climb up and view
the area as well. Sunday evening there will be a service of celebration and
we all get to take the trees down afterwards.
The church is C14th and needs a lot of repairs so this festival  raises
money for that.

Any lace makers in the area would be welcome - refreshments are available!
St Mary's Baldock, Herts, UK.

Please have a preview at:
http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z265/lazydaisy25/  (I do apologise for
the Disney overlay on the slideshow....)

Lynne

Baldock, North Herts, UK