Cindy wrote : "I don't know why you would spend so much time doing that when you can go and buy lace for $! a yard at Walmart"

I had a similar instance to that one day when I was demonstrating. One lady asked if I ever sell my lace and I said no because people don't want to pay what it is worth. She asked how much I'd charge for the piece I had on the pillow. I knew how long it had taken me as I'd been keeping a note of time spent. I said how much an hour would she pay $45? She said that was too high, I replied not if you are a plumber or a car mechanic, but ok we could go lower. She finally decided that $5/hour was plenty. The piece of lace (about 25 inches) was going to cost her over $200. So she looked sadly at it and said that it was too expensive even at $5/hour.

Malvary in Ottawa, Canada where it is snowing big fluffy snowflakes