In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Kim Davis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes
>HI!  I am looking for a pattern for a Torchon dachshund.  I purchased the
>most adorable bobbin lace bookmark of a dachsund at the Lace Museum in
>Sunnyvale, CA yesterday.  Does anyone know where I might find this pattern?
>I am interested in making another one.
>
>Thanks, Kim

If you get responses that it is "Giles" and has been in CLG, Young
Lacemaker (UK Lace Guild) and Lacemaker (Lacemaker's Circle magazine)
let me know and I will send you the patterns - if this is the case it is
the one that I designed to raise money for a local hospice in 1991, it
was published between 1993 and 1996. There is also a key ring version,
worked in very fine thread to a 1mm grid, if you feel up to it!

Also, then, if you have any problems, let me know - the hiccups come
with setting in for the body, and the fiddle of darning in the legs
(having made 45 or so I've worked out a few ways of doing so!).

If it is Giles, I'm pleased he is still being used for charitable
purposes, but it is nice to know what use the pattern is being put to!

--
Jane Partridge