On Dec 19, 2007, at 19:15, bevw wrote:

I made the star - work CT throughout except for CTCT at the edges.

What about the "c row" for the switch of workers? That's supposed to be made with the same stitch as the edge ones. I was inclined to make it in CTCT and the edge ones ditto -- as you advise -- but that "toile" in the French text had me wary.

I used Moravia 40/2 at the enlarged size (120%).

I was planning on using Moravia 40/2 Metallic thread; discovered it a couple of months ago and it was love at first stitch. Photocopied the pattern at 110% and was wondering if it would be enough to accomodate 7 passive pairs. Didn't *quite* look like it to me, but Fresia and Bouc 40/2 linens have the same number of wraps in Brenda's book -- 20 -- as the Moravia Metallic 40/2, so, theoretically, I should have been able to use the pricking without any change, unless the linen used in the sample was *Bockens* 40/2, which has 23 wraps. That's why I was asking about the brand of linen which was likely to have been used. If the sample is made in Bockens, then I should probably photocopy the pricking at 115%.

Many thanks.
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/