Hi,
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, whether with family and friends, or
a quiet one like my DH and I had.  We celebrated Christmas last Sunday so we
were eating leftovers on Christmas Day.  I saved the Christmas Pud until then
though. No use wasting it on people who can't appreciate it. :-)

Yesterday I received some lace gifts.  Two Midlands bobbins and two spools of
thread, along with six metal rings approx 2-1/4 inches diameter in different
colors and some wire.  No explanation or pattern accompanied the rings so I am
wondering if there is a new book out there with patterns for these rings. I
imagine my friend bought them from a lace fair or at the NEC in England.

My other lace gift was a French book on what looks like Irish Crochet.  It is
all in French so I will have to use it for eye candy.  The title is "De la
crise de la sardine a l'age d'or de la dentelle.  Maybe I could get a
translation from someone.  I was unaware that Irish crochet was made in
Brittainy but that is what it looks like from the book. There were also 3
postcards enclosed in the gift with pictures of the headgear they wear in
Brittainy so now I am wondering if that headgear was actually crochet and not
bobbin lace as I always had imagined.  Maybe a French Arachne can tell me which
lace is made there.

Happy New Year to you all and I hope by then that my card has finally made it
to Italy and to Alessandra.  Seems like the mail is very tardy this year.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
http://jblace.wordpress.com/
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/