The way I care for my lce will differ from piece to piece.
If I make a bobbin lace or fine crochet bookmark for someone as a present, I certainly hope it will be used and put it in a protective cover. My bedspread in crochet lace that I made about 20+ years ago, gets used on my bed every day, and washed in the washing machine. The drying I do on some comtraption of chairs, stools and whatever outside. Around numerous light switsche I have bobbin lace edgings under
a perspex cover, they have been there sfor many years.
But, when I have made a piece for myself that I want to treasure, I will have it framed professionally, whereas any practice pieces go in my folder.
Horses-for-courses, do whatever suits you with your lace!

Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK, murky and dark, but the lighter days are coming.