Hi Everyone,
I am glad to see that Milca Eremiasova has finally caught your attention. I
wrote about her to the list years ago, in 2002, when I had the incredible
pleasure of visiting her home in Prague to see her lace during a lace tour
with Jana Novak, and I raved to arachne about the book when it came out just
after that. Wow that is showing my age now!! Been on this list a looooooong
time.
The book does in fact have an ISBN number 80-238-8696-7 and as far as I can
see it is still for sale on the palickovani site www.palickovani.cz
In 2003  palickovani published a wonderful calendar of her butterflies (with
pattern prickings. And I also wrote previously to arachne about that!)
There was a fantastic display of her lace at the OIDFA conference, which was
held in Lund, Sweden and if you ever get the chance to see her work it is
just fantastic. Her lace really is art in the true sense and her work almost
breathes - yes, you've guessed right, I'm her number one admirer with a
capital A.
The Czech lacemakers really have taken lace to a higher sphere. I love
traditions and traditional lace is also beautiful, BUT it's also important
that we keep the traditons alive and let them develop so that we also leave
something behind us. I adore Art Nouveau and just think what we would have
missed if those artists hadn't dared to develop their style.
 Best Wishes and keep bobbin' along from Avril in Denmark where there is a
wee bit snow and it feels like minus 15 with the cold wind that is howling.