Hello Carolyn
Have you tried "jewellers' pins"?
They are two-pronged pins that you use to secure each individual bobbin with.
On Honitons you could put them just past the head on the neck of the bobbin.
I have found them very good for this purpose and they are not expensive.
Have a look on ebay at item 110213097405
Agnes Boddington - Elloughton UK

Carolyn Hastings wrote:

A reply by another Arachnean about bundling has led me in another direction,
chasing a different rabbit.  Does anyone have a successful way of fastening
Honiton bobbins while traveling?  Everything I've tried has failed, I think
because there isn't any "waist" on the bobbins.  I have tried to use the
neck as "waist" and fasten the bobbins there, but they insist on escaping.