I found this on the new book shelf at the library and read it. It isn't really
about lace makers although they get passing mention as part of the old history
of the area. The women in the subject family have "the sight" and do lace
readings like a form of fortune telling. Viewing through the lace they see your
life patterns forming. At least an interesting change from palm reading.

I enjoyed the book but it is very heavy - not a happy family. If you don't like
abuse and mental illness, give it a pass. I found it compelling, but haunting.

Judy
Between Baton Rouge and New Orleans on a clear sunny day