I was able to purchase some very old parchment prickings and am now looking
for some suggestions on how to:

a) get out a fold; and

b) unroll two prickings which have been rolled up together very tightly.  I
have been able to unroll them part way, but am nervous to try to pull them
further in case I break them.  I realise that if I unwind and pin down as much
as I can easily, then perhaps I'll be able to gradually unwind more.

One of the rolled ones has a fabric end.

Has anyone had any experience in working with this type of pricking.

Thanks.

Malvary in Ottawa (the Nation's capital), Canada, where we had snow today