I have received my package of goodies from Plimoth Plantation and I have
made my sample and I have sent it in. While the organizers of the project are
quick to reassure us that the production of the sample is not a test, it is not

a race either. But, am I the first? Will mine be the first sample in the
sample  notebook that is to be part of that exhibit? It is a small honor, I
know,
but I  will take what I can get.

My sample can be seen at my arachne website "Campaign for Modern Lace site"
where it is the second picture. In reality the picture doesn't do it justice
because the gold and silver thread make a truly beautiful piece of lace, one
that any Cavalier or Royalist would kill to wear, or possibly be killed for
wearing, depending on what era and what class he or she might belong to.
_http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2366280010048870129mblGZK_
(http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2366280010048870129mblGZK)

For more information on the recreation of the Laton Jacket you can check in
at the Embroider's Story:
_http://www.plimoth.org/embroidery-blog/index.php?mode=viewcat&cat_id=11_
(http://www.plimoth.org/embroidery-blog/index.php?mode=viewcat&cat_id=11)
where
the most recent news is about a male embroiderer named Richard, who is not
only a spectacular embroiderer, but is also doing some needed work on
upgrading their web site. I'll bet he didn't anticipate that when he signed up
for
this embroidery session!

Please remember that even those who can't go to Plimoth can participate by
making samples for the book and the mere purchase of the kit yields a tax
deductible donation which supports the project.

Devon