Hello Sue
              My Christening Gown started out as a wedding veil for my only
daughter but as I was working with computers had tired eyes at night and
although I had already done the large spray for the back of the veil I had only
done
36 pieces for the edgings.  I and my children had been born in Exmouth and
Exeter and we moved to Wellington when the children were in their teens.  So I
chose the Exe edgings with several different fillings from Mrs Luxton's book
and the Wellington Bell designed by Mrs Anna Bakker  (a friend of 80 who was
still making beautiful Honiton Lace at almost 100 yrs old.)  So I turned it
into
a Christening Gown.   I made the Gown in Cream silk completely hand sewn with
Run and Fell seams.  I alternated the edgings with different fillings and the
bell around the hem, the sleeves, the yoke and the neck, and sewn onto a net
overdress.   I then sewed the big Spray on the front leaving room under the
yoke to put on Stephanie's (No 2 son's new baby) initial.  Two years later it
was
joined with V for Victoria (daughter who should have had the veil)'s baby)  R
for Richard (brother to Stephanie) SJ for SarahJane (No 1 son's baby)  Sewing
them either side down the front.
That was 3 Grandchilren on the cusp of 1982/3 and they still say they didn't
get together and give Mum and Dad a bumper delivery.  Then 2 years later with
P & A for Paul and Adam.   Adam wasn't actually Christened in my Gown but with
my daughter having twins I knew I couldn't make another Gown in time.  I had
several friends who had made Gowns but asking to borrow a gown especially for
a baby who might be sick is just not possible.  But my lovely friend Elsie
Speller of Taunton offered me one of hers.   and Adam was photoed in the family
Gown as well.  Then J for Jessica (sister for SarahJane).  That is all my
Grandchildren,  Victoria now has Emily who wore her Dad's family gown and then
added J for Joshua (Emily's brother) on our Gown.  Stephanie was married 14
months ago in a Honiton Lace veil I had at last made and is longing for a baby.

And so the circle will be round.
Sue I know you will enjoy making your gown.  Do let us know what lace you
decide to make and use. and give us updates now and again .
Happy Lacing
Peggy