If the pricking is a motif, and doesn't have to be moved there is another method. Cut the film 2 inches larger all around than the pricking paper. Apply the pricking to the sticky back in a roll on method to eliminate air bubbles and then position it on your pillow. Ulrika Lohr suggested this in a class and it's the method I've used since. No pins or edges to catch threads. Once, I repositioned it on the pillow and the blue film still stuck well to the woven cotten top.

Diane Zierold
Lubec, Maine