After seeing the grand's of Anneke Reijs doing the Bobbinlace pajama dance on
You tube I decided to share  a little lace
story with the list
For 11 years I attended International Lacecamp  on Manitoulin Island Canada
,which is  a good six hours + drive from where I live
( or alteratively four hours driving and two on a ferryboat )
In 2002 Several Lacemakers who also regularly attend International  Lacecamp,
and who live within a reasonable distance from myself,  decided to get
together for Lacemaking ,other than once a year at International Lacecamp
,this resulted  in the formation of the Simcoe County Lacemakers,and therefor
I sign off my Arachne postings " Member of Simcoe County Lacemakers Simcoe
County township of Springwater" Canada"
In 2006 an e-mail arrived from Anneke Reijs who lives in the province of
Limburg in the Nethelands, inquiring if I lived near a town where she and her
DH intended to spend the summer, which we do.
Soon more e-mails were exchanged and when   Anneke and her husb.came to spend
the summer in  Simcoe County we enjoyed a most pleasant visit,
Anneke is  a  student  and friend of sister Judith de Kreijger and   the
author of the Sluis Withof  Duchesse Lace Manuals,
b.t.w. Anneke's DH told me    that in the days  Anneke was writing the
manuals she spend so much time wtth sister Judith for to gather material for
the manuals, he began to wonder if  Anneke had entered the convent. <g>
It  is of note  that Sister Judith celebrated her  92 nd birthday   in 2007
 Anneke's webpage and information on the Sluis Withof Duchesse manuals can be
found at  http://www.lokk.nl   click on links  and    Websites van LOKK
kringen / Leden
While vacationing in Ontario Canada in 2006, Anneke attended the Simcoe County
Lacemakers Laceday   and gave a very informative talk on Sluis Withof Duchese
Laces ,and in  2007 while in Canada,she attended another Simcoe County
Lacemakers Laceday , held to celebrate the 5th anneversary of the Simcoe
County Lacemakers .
How nice that being on Arachne has "woven a web" of friendship between Anneke
Reijs in the Netherlands and the Simcoe  County  Lacemakers in Ontario Canada
Hoping to see you at Laceday again Anneke,  meanwhile whenever possible, keep
those grandchildren , bobbinlacing and dancing .

Hendrika
Member Simcoe County Lacemakers township of Springwater
Ontario Canada