Mirian
and spiders,
hello.

remember that are lacemakers in Central America and South America and ...
Perhaps they are not in a group or in a club. Probaly great number of them
work with lace but I think we have to add them to the census.
For exemple, at north of Brasil, in Bahia, Ceará, Paraiba, Piaui, ... there
are many comunities that works with lace... In Paraguay, in Itaugua, the
Nanduti's City, they says there are more than 15.000 persons that make money
with nanduti ...
Certainly there are lacemakers also in Argentina, in Peru e Bolivia. na
Venezuela the lacemakers made the "soles"...
I think that it was a great think we can make a world census ...

By the chance, if you have a time, go to www.nhandutideatibaia.com.br  to see
a wonderful N.Sra. de Assunción with a nanduti mantilla. I went to Paraguay
last december and I recommend. Its a great country, a lovely people, a very
wonderfull culture. We have many things to learn with them.
And all of you that loves lace can make a immersion tour in culture and crafts
with Organizations Hecho a Mano and Memoria Activa (www.memoriaactiva.org.py)
in it's cultural center, Hotel-museo del Lago. To know more about this
wonderfull project go : www.hoteldellago.org.
I went to Hotel del Lago and if some of you make a group to go to this tour,
said it to me. I want to go again.

elizabeth horta corrêa
www.nhandutideatibaia.com.br
0xx11 4412-1082    ehcskype