I wrote:

> Hi everyone, and anyone with an index to Lace, or access to back-issues
(time on hands an asset?!...)
> I am looking for the issue number of the magazine containing an article
about the illustrative 'Lacemaker' - a painted picture that had been
published in This England > in the early 1970's

The very same is number 8 in the gallery of Lori the Lacefairy, compare with
photos 5 through 9 here:
*http://tinyurl.com/2wyb45*

> - and ... IIRC there was this informative article in Lace.

Well, now - Thanks everyone who has responded to my plea for help. I think I
have made things difficult with incorrect recall...the article comparing
several renderings of this "Lacemaker" (and the original photograph) was
probably not in 'Lace' so please don't stay up all night looking through
back issues for me ~

--
Bev  (near Sooke, BC on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of Canada)