<<Anybody have any idea what item 290209323102  on Ebay is?
Laurie>>

It looks to me like what I know today to be an Eyes Out/Lazy Susan or a Needle Pin, I can't see if the needles have their eyes at the bent end or at the straight end. The handle has the screw part, pin vice, where you can put the needle in a tighten up the screw to hold it in place.

And Eyes out sometimes called Lazy Susan, has the eye of the needle pointing away from the handle, the point of the needle held in the pin vice, and you thread that eye with a longish double thread, without knotting it, and use that in place of a crochet hook to make sewings into pin holes in your lace. Some eyes out needles come bent round into an arc others have the needle straight but they should all be very fine beading needles so that they go through the pin holes without any problem.

A needle pin has the pointed end bent and pointing away from the handle, the eye end being in the pin vice, and is used in lace making, I know it is used in Honiton lace but could be used in all other laces too. I have never used one myself but think you make sewings with it a similar way to making them with the eyes out but I could be wrong.

Regards
Jenny DeAngelis.
Spain.